From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fire the fox.
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:33:46
1 On 09/18/2010 03:14 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Is it just me? Or does Firefox get slower every release? And less stable.
3 >
4 > I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons (xmarks, AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing. Seg fault sometimes. I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems, and it does not help to clear the profiles (rename
5 > ~/.mozilla) and re-emerge.
6
7 Seems to me to be getting slower. The crashes shouldn't happen, though.
8 Are you seeing the crash-reporter window after your crashes? I'm not
9 sure if the firefox ebuilds include the crash reporter or not. Anyone
10 know? (I think maybe the firefox-bin package includes it.)
11
12 If all else fails, I would download a binary version from mozilla to make
13 sure that you can submit crash reports. They really do get looked at by
14 the mozilla devs, and bug reports that reference crash reports get serious
15 attention quickly.