From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: "No CUDA device found" with nvidia-drivers newer than nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1(
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:25:01
1 On 08/15 08:13, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 15/08/18 18:45, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I put nvidia-uvm explictly into /etc/conf.d/modules - which was not
5 > > necessary ever before....and it shows the same problems: No cuda
6 > > devices.
7 > >
8 > > I think I will dream this night of no cuda devices... ;(
9 >
10 > Or you might want to use the LTS (Long Term Support) driver series for now,
11 > which is 390.x (390.77 being the latest of that series.)
12 >
13 > You can see what the latest LTS series is by going here:
14 >
15 > https://nvidia.com/drivers
16 >
17 > Select your GPU and "Linux 64-bit" and click search. This will tell you what
18 > the currently recommended "stable" driver is.
23 And the show must go on:
26 Secure Connection Failed
27
28 An error occurred during a connection to nvidia.com. Peer attempted old style (potentially vulnerable) handshake. Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSAFE_NEGOTIATION
29
30 The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
31 Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
32
33 Learn more…
34
35 Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites
38 Sigh...