From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-7.2 and portage
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:20:42
1 On Friday 26 January 2007 19:41, Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
2 > > Whether you should move or not I'll leave up to you. Following ciaranm.org
3 > > or even planetpaludis.org should allow you to decide for yourself... Just
4 > > make sure to read the docs at paludis.org if you want to try it. Effort is
5 > > being put into making paludis compatible with portage so it's not
6 > > necessarily a one way street. It's config files aren't compatible though.
7 >
8 > I am also looking at Paludis, have read the docs, but cannot figure out
9 > one thing: does Paludis replace all of emerge, ebuild, revdep-rebuild,
10 > equery, qlist and friends? Ot looks like yes, with the possible exception
11 > of ebuild, which should still work, but I do not really know. Any comments?
12
13 Hmm.. I'd say paludis does replace emerge. ebuild is irrelevant.
14 revdep-rebuild is still needed. There's a patched version available on the
15 forums or you can just run it with --pretend and replace emerge with paludis.
16 paludis can show contents and owners (equiv of equery files and belongs) and
17 adjutrix can show reverse deps (equiv of equery depends). In short some but
18 not all of it... More to come... Also with the ruby USE flag it contains a
19 ruby script which does the same as eclean-dist just much quicker...
22 Bo Andresen