From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:58:29
1 On Friday, July 1 at 11:42 (-0500), Harry Putnam said:
2
3 > Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> writes:
6 > [...]
9 > > Yeah, sorry if I didn't mention before. In the interest of size, I
10 > > remove the portage tree (and also kernel sources) before creating the
11 > > image. So in order to do portage-related stuff one must first:
12 > >
13 > > # emerge --sync
14 >
15 > [...]
16 >
17 > > Should still be usable.
18 >
19 > You may have seen my last post by now, where I retracted some of my
20 > earlier post.
21 >
22 > I'm still seeing something that probably needs fixing.
23 >
24 > In the shell where the initial login came up I keep seeing this every
25 > 5 minutes:
26 >
27 > INIT: ld "so" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
28 >
29 You probably saw "s0". That's the inittab for getty running on a serial
30 console.. should be disabled for non-headless. I'll need to fix that.
31
32 > OH, and what does the `FEATURES=' entry in /etc/make.conf do?
33
34 You've never heard of FEATURES (or --jobs)? May want to peruse the man
35 pages a bit. FEATURES is a very fundamental part of portage (man
36 make.conf).
37
38 Will post when the inittab is fixed.