From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing partition labels
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 04:45:33
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 > I'm probably in the situation where I can't see the wood for the
4 > trees so a bit of help would be appreciated. I've decided to go the
5 > LABEL route in fstab and have set the labels on my partitions a few
6 > days ago. I now want to update fstab but can't remember the names. I
7 > can't find a command that will list the partitions and the names I've
8 > given them. I'm sure fdisk does not list them when I do just "fdisk"
9 > at the command prompt, but then again as I said above, I think I'm in
10 > the wood/forest mode at the moment. Any idea on the command?
11 >
12 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
13 > Andrew
17 Well, cfdisk shows them if you want to do it drive by drive. I think
18 blkid is the best so far. I just wanted to mention cfdisk as yet one
19 more option.
20
21 I wish cfdisk would let you set a label tho. That would be neato.
22
23 Dale
24