From: stosss <stosss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:04:07
1 On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I also tried to burn this with tkdvd but it failed too.  I don't think
5 >> the media is bad.  It doesn't appear to be k3b since the other program
6 >> fails too.  I also updated to the latest testing but no
7 >> difference that I can see.  It does sometimes burn and sometimes if I
8 >> try again it will burn but it's not getting any better.
9 >
10 > K3b is running mkisofs and growisofs at the same time, hence the mixed up
11 > debug output making it hard to see where the error is coming from. Take
12 > the media, drive and growisofs out of the equation by getting K3b to
13 > create an ISO image instead. If that works, write the image to disc with
14 >
15 > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
16 >
17 > At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
18
19 I once had a problem just like this and it turned out to be bad media.
20 The generic cheap priced discs don't always work. The more expensive
21 name brand generally are better because most, if not all of them,
22 work.
25 If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
26 people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become
27 happy. - Thomas Jefferson