From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 00:09:29
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 07:59:57AM -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >> John J. Foster wrote:
4 >>> Dale - I've been using Fastmail since 2005. Absolutely no issues at all.
5 >>> I do pay for the enhanced account.
6 >>>
7 >>> Good luck
8 >>> festus
9 >>>
12 >> Do they allow encrypted messages too? I looked at the help pages and
13 >> I'm pretty sure it does.
14 >
15 > What's encrypted mail to a service provider anyway? Just a bunch of text that
16 > only humans can't decipher. If they would disallow it, they'd have to look at
17 > the mails' content (like google does for ads) in order to recognise them. This
18 > would disqualify them as a trustworthy provider in the first place.
21 Well, I didn't think there was a difference but I wanted to make certain
22 since I just set up PGP and all that stuff. I didn't want to have to
23 change again later on if it didn't either. Now I know.
24
25 I'm reading all the other replies still. Sort of tied up a bit. Patience.
26
27 Dale
28
32 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
33 how you interpreted my words!
34
35 Miss the compile output? Hint:
36 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"