From: ds <dsitsolutions@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] video capture
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:21:49
1 On 4/5/07, Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 05 April 2007 16:37, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 >>
4 > > Does the camera generate a "normal" TV signal (PAL, SECAM, NTSC,...)? If
5 > > so, the WinTV-PVR150 will work.
6 > >
7 > I assume so, the manual doesn't explicitly say so, but it says just connect it
8 > to a video recorder or tv and "away you go"
9 > A quick google and check of my usual computer suppliers here in Chile doesn't
10 > bring up that card. Does it belong to a generic type? Will the average
11 > TVtuner type card work along with video4linux ( I guess)?
12
13 My experience is that most video capture devices are used for Home
14 Theater PC's, I've found the most information on the MythTV website.
15 You can check out the documentation on hardware at this link:
16 http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1
17
18 I use the Plextor ConvertX, you will find it mentioned under the "USB
19 Capture Devices" heading on the webpage above, with a link to the
20 website that has the open source linux driver. This unit is nice
21 because all of the video encoding happens on the device, so I am able
22 to capture video with my ConvertX connected to a 400MHz Pentium 2
23 gentoo box. Now the driver is available through portage.
24
25 See if you can get either the PX-M402U or the PX-TV402U in Chile. I
26 do not think the PX-AV100U or the PX-TV100U will work with the open
27 source linux driver.
30 ds
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list