From: Pau Peris <sibok1981@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fakeraid + lvm + openrc questions
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:28:53
1 After further investigation can say, although i'm not using lvm, the
2 following command is able to pupulate /dev/mapper/*
3
4 /sbin/vgscan --mknodes --config "${config}" >/dev/null
5
6 the command can be located at /lib64/rcscripts/addons/lvm-start.sh
7 which is called by /etc/init.d/lvm start
8
9 Really strange as i'm not usinglvm, so the command complains "No
10 volume groups found".
11
12 Also noticed that lvm is able to communcate with device-mapper through
13 /etc/lvm.conf:
14
15 # Whether or not to communicate with the kernel device-mapper.
16 # Set to 0 if you want to use the tools to manipulate LVM metadata
17 # without activating any logical volumes.
18 # If the device-mapper kernel driver is not present in your kernel
19 # setting this to 0 should suppress the error messages.
20 activation = 1
21
22 Don't know if that's why it's able to create the nodes. Any help?
23