From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] dmg2img hfs+ disk image
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 10:57:44
1 On Saturday, 23 February 2019 10:32:20 GMT Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > On 23/02/2019 04:30, Mick wrote:
3 > > # mount -t hfsplus -o loop 4.hfs /media/dmg
4 > > mount: /media/dmg: failed to setup loop device for 4.hfs.
5 >
6 > What does dmesg show? It should give more detail about the problem. Also
7 > try with `mount -v`.
8
9 I think the above message indicates there is no 4.hfs to be mounted. No
10 messages are reported in dmesg, or syslog.
13 > Normally 7z gets into the partition and extracts the files within, but
14 > only if the 'Method' is supported, like 'Zero0 Copy Zero2 ZLIB CRC'.
15 > Yours is 'Copy Zero2 ZLIB CRC'.
16
17 Should I be using a different incantation with 7z to apply the correct method?
18 I've tried various things, but I can't come up with the correct syntax.
21 > Also you might want to try https://github.com/darlinghq/darling-dmg with
22 > the DMG file itself. This is far more active than the kernel module.
23
24 Thanks, I'll take a look at this too.
27 Regards,
28 Mick