From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aiglx USE flag and xorg 7.2: confusion with emerge -pv output about USE flags
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:26:28
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen ha scritto:
2
3 > From `man emerge`:
4 > - prefix = not enabled (either disabled or removed)
5 > * suffix = transition to or from the enabled state
6 > % suffix = newly added or removed
7 > () circumfix = forced, masked, or removed
8 >
9 > So it means that the aiglx use flag used to be enabled but has now been
10 > removed.
11
12 Uh, right. Found that table only now.
13
14 > *xorg-server-1.2.0 (24 Jan 2007)
15 >
16 > 24 Jan 2007; Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>;
17 > +xorg-server-1.2.0.ebuild:
18 > Bump. Upstream incorporated some version of all of our patches, so no more
19 > need for the aiglx USE flag.
20 >
21 > Which means that aiglx in no longer optional but instead always enabled.
24 Ok, that's what I needed to know.
25 However, on a sidenote, I must say I find the current emerge syntax
26 quite confusing. Using the % for both newly added and removed and () for
27 either forced, masked and removed is not the best of ideas, imho.
28
29 If % means "newly", there should at least be two circumfix symbols for
30 added and removed, respectively.
31 Something like:
32
33 (%flag) : newly added
34 [%flag] : newly removed
35 (flag) : forced
36 [flag] : removed
37 {flag} : masked
38
39 But I'm still confused: why should you see an added or removed warning
40 *if it's not new*?
41
42 m.
43 --