From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 00:03:22
1 On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 12:01:10AM +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote
2
3 > I think that, as long as the clients use link-local routing to connect
4 > to the router, and the router correctly passes IPv6 traffic in both
5 > directions, it should work without a global-scope address on the
6 > router's LAN-facing NIC.
7
8 Lan machines with link-local IPV6 addresses to link-local IPV6 address
9 on the router, which talks to the world.
10
11 Is that like lan machines with RFC1918 IPV4 addresses to RFC1918 IPV4
12 address on the router, which talks to the world???
13
14 Look Ma, we have a form of IPV6 NAT (Ducks back into foxhole before
15 incoming artillery barrage from IPV6 purists).
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications