From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Media Player
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:24:13
1 On Sunday 03 December 2006 06:59, Kellystewart00@×××××××××.au wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] Media Player':
3 > im looking for a
4 > basic easy to use dvd player program something that isn't too touchy
5 > basically.
6
7 I like kaffeine, though other KDE users swear by kmplayer. Codine is a KDE
8 frontend for xine that focuses on being simple to use.
9
10 If you've chosen gnome as your desktop these will pull in some parts of KDE
11 as dependencies, resulting in a bigger footprint both in memory and HD
12 space, but should work fine and not affect the rest of your desktop.
13 Alternatively, you could see if any friendly gnome user has a suggestion
14 or two.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh