From: Moshe Kamensky <samvimes@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: browser advice
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:02:17
1 Hi,
2
3 * Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> [30/11/06 09:08]:
4 > I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English. The thing
5 > doesn't let me choose the language, and I'm tired of getting useless
6 > Brazilian links. Yes, I know about the settings, I already deleted the
7 > google.pt cookie, but it's no use. I don't know, nor care, whose fault
8 > it is (Google's, firefox's or mine, for not having telepathic gifts), I
9 > just won't let anyone choose for me.
10 >
11 > So, the point is: what browser now? Firefox is the one more often
12 > mentioned in this list. How about Konqueror or Opera? The latter is
13 > hardly ever mentioned. Is there some special reason for this? For
14 > example, is it activelly maintained? Is it missing some particular
15 > feature? It looks nice enough, but is there some catch? And Konqueror? I
16 > already use KDE, so that's not an issue.
17 >
18 > I would appreciate your opinions.
19
20 You may find this helpful:
21
22 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers
23
24 For me MathML support is important so I use FF.
25
26 Moshe
29 > --
30 > Jorge Almeida