From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Checking for a webcam with Nagios
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:30:35
1 On Sunday 09 September 2007, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
2 > OR maybe the webcam has an admin utility where you can add an unprivileged
3 > user that would be no threat to the security?
4
5 Aha! That sounds like the simplest option. Need to check with the webcam
6 owner first that setting up a plain unauthenticated user on his webcam will
7 not be against his security policy.
8
9 Thanks again. If you've got some more ideas please let me know - I was
10 wondering if there is a Nagios plugin somewhere that manages the
11 authentication part.
12 --
13 Regards,
14 Mick