From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chroot problem
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:52:23
1 2008/5/29 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>:
2 > I have no problem chrooting into a system on the hard disk if I've booted
3 > from an installation CD, but every time I try it after booting from another
4 > HD partition I get e.g. this:
5 >
6 > # chroot /mnt/rescue /bin/bash
7 > chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': Permission denied
8
9 Are you using SELinux or anything similar? If so (or you aren't sure),
10 what do the following commands (as root) say:
11
12 id -Z
13 ls -alZR /mnt/rescue
14
15 If not then try strace'ing the chroot call, like so:
16
17 strace -etrace=chroot,chdir,execve chroot /mnt/rescue /bin/bash
18
19 That will show whether it is the chroot call itself that is failing or
20 the attempt to run bash afterwards.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Duane.
26 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
27 --
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list