From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SRC_URISRC_URI.mirror
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:34:06
1 On 09/20/2014 01:07 PM, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > So I'm working on apache spark (overlay) ebuild.
5 > I cannot see to get the sources to download.
6 >
7 > Here are the sources:
8 > http://www.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-1.1.0/
9 > or here:
10 > http://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-1.1.0/
11 >
12 > ...
13 >
14 > So based on 'repoman scan spark-1.1.0.ebuild' I add:
15 >
16 > SRC_URI.mirror="mirror://apache/spark/spark/1.1.0/spark-1.1.0.tgz"
17 > and comment out the original "SRC_URI" line.
18
19 The SRC_URI.mirror warning indicates that your original ebuild has a
20 suspicious entry in SRC_URI, namely one of Gentoo's 3rd party mirrors.
21 Repoman gives a warning because you probably don't need it, and I think
22 it's right in this case.
23
24 The entries of the SRC_URI variable are all logical-ANDed together
25 rather than logical-OR. In other words, every entry is downloaded and
26 considered part of the source. You only need the first one (from
27 apache.org); Gentoo will ultimately take care of mirroring it if the
28 ebuild makes its way into the tree.