From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Xlib tutorial
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:22:16
1 On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:55 AM, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Sorry for this off topic. I want to learn how to develop UI applications using
5 > Xlib. I've searched web, but I could not find a tutorial which will explain it
6 > all (found some short examples). Please, could someone suggest a website or a
7 > book?
8
9 http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Xlib
10
11 Why the specific interest in Xlib? XCB is probably the better C
12 library to use at this point. Actually almost any higher-level toolkit
13 would be a better place to start:
14
15 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits
16
17 GUI programming is a PITA to do in the first place, and it's
18 progressively more painful the more you want to "do it right." Don't
19 make it harder than it has to be, particularly if you're just getting
20 started.
23 :wq