From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kde4: no hardware info without sys-apps/hal
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:52:06
1 Andrey Moshbear wrote:
2 > 2011/9/27 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella<jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>:
3 >> Check that the consolekit service is also on at bootup.
4 >>
5 >> Besides that, the udisks, upower, consolekit, policykit and udev flags
6 >> apply here. Check they are on, particularly for kde-base/kdelibs
7 >> (emerge -pv kdelibs).
8 > All are enabled.
9 >
10 >> What kdelibs (and kde, in general) version(s) are you using?
11 > 4.7.1
12 >
13 >> Hal hasn't been needed for disk mounting nor anything else for a long time.
14 >>
15 > Consolekit has indeed been in init, but hotplug and acpi are still
16 > non-functional.
17 > I don't know if this is related, but the kde policykit thingy dies
18 > shortly after login due to a buffer overflow in memcpy.
23 Here is a list of what I have installed and as far as I know, everything
24 works. This includes my printer, camera and USB drives when inserted.
25
26 root@fireball / # equery l dbus kdelibs polkit consolekit
27 * Searching for dbus ...
28 [IP-] [ ] sys-apps/dbus-1.4.12:0
29
30 * Searching for kdelibs ...
31 [IP-] [ ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.7.1-r2:4
32
33 * Searching for polkit ...
34 [IP-] [ ] sys-auth/polkit-0.101-r1:0
35
36 * Searching for consolekit ...
37 [IP-] [ ] sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.5-r1:0
38 root@fireball / #
39
40 Maybe compare those. If you need me to, I can post the emerge info with
41 USE flags too.
42
43 Dale
44