From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching from eudev to udev, disaster.
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:32:04
1 On 30/11/2021 04:47, Dale wrote:
2 > Now if I can figure out how to reset the list of /dev/sd* names that are
3 > lurking about and inconsistent, that would be like striking gold.  Every
4 > time I hook up my external drive, it gets a different sd* name.  It does
5 > the same on the SD cards from my trail cameras too but I can auto mount
6 > those.
7
8 ls -al /dev/disk/by-uuid
9
10 That's a bunch of symlinks. The uuid part is guaranteed to be
11 consistent, and the link points to the correct sdXn.
12
13 Try using that instead, and see if it works. It's supposed to ...
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol