From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Cdrtools installation without suid root
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:10:34
1 Nikos Chantziaras schrieb am 27.04.2013 08:07:
2 > On 26/04/13 23:20, Joerg Schilling wrote:
3 >>
4 >> The only problem I see is that you are able to remove important
5 >> software on a
6 >> Linux installation while the kernel still supports the feature by
7 >> default.
8 >
9 > You are not able to remove it if something actually uses it. If you
10 > remove the automagic dependency in cdrtools, you'll be giving the
11 > package manager the chance to do the right thing.
12 >
13 > Automagic deps are a bad thing:
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/automagic.xml
19 Nikos thanks, this explains the problem better than I did.
20
21 Jörg just tell me if you consider adding such an option or not. I am
22 neither in the position to discuss decisions of the linux kernel team
23 and other software developers nor am I am willing to. I have to deal
24 with the situation I have here. In my opinion it is a good idea to add
25 such an option. If you think otherwise I am fine with it and I have to
26 use other means to make cdrtools compatible with Gentoo.
29 Regards
30 Daniel