From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anti-aliasing
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:31:10
1 Jerry McBride pisze:
2 > On Wednesday 30 January 2008 10:50:02 am econti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >> may be this is a stupid question but I am not able to set the
6 >> anti-aliasing on firefox and thunderbird.
7 >>
8 >> Regards
9 >> emilio
12 > You have a good trail to follow for your problem in the other messages...
15 > For my problem, with regards to anti-aliasing... I have one computer running
16 > kde that I can't turn on "sub-pixel hinting". The option is under the Fonts
17 > tab in control settings, but it's greyed out... I'm not able to tell why...
18 >
19 > Any hints? (pun intended)
23 To use anti-aliasing You must have card with driver that allows to use
24 RGBA colorspace in hardware mode. Currently new cards using that
25 colorspace, but some older use only YUV* color spaces. Some cards on PCI
26 slot with 2 MB memory and first cards on AGP slot using only YUV* color
27 spaces. If you have such card, you can only emulate subpixel hinting,
28 but not all drivers allowing to do this. If you can't use subpixel
29 hinting, that will be problem of the driver or older card. Try to verify
30 /etc/X11/xorg.conf for driver - is it realy driver for Your card, or
31 just replace G.C. with some newer...
32
33 Mateusz M.
34 --