From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:54:55
1 On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 12:36:40 Trifu Catalin Florin wrote:
2 >.....
3
4 Hi,
5
6 may I ask, how you actually reply to this list?
7 I see you now learned about top-posting :)
8 But your replies still are very hard to read.
9 First of all, you really should delete unrelated parts of the mail.
10 See? I don't refer to the content of your mail, so I simply deleted it.
11 Second, but less important, no html, please - your mails are so called
12 multipart, that's better than plain html. but plain text is preferred here on
13 the list.
14 And last and imo most important: the way you reply, damages the quoting of the
15 content. It's hard to see, who wrote what in what context. Do you hit "forward
16 mail" or "reply mail"?
17
18 Best,
19 Michael