From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cursor keys stopped working in VMware workstation
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 22:36:01
1 I have been using VMware workstation V. 5.5.9 and a Logitech wireless keyboard
2 for some time. Today I somehow mistyped a Ctrl-<something> sequence while in
3 the VM window, meaning to enter it elsewhere instead of the VM. Now, the
4 cursor keys between the main keys and the keypad have stopped working
5 correctly. Most do nothing, but the down arrow key causes Windows to raise
6 the Start menu, as if I had pressed the "windows" key near left-alt.
7
8 The cursor movement keys on the keypad still work, with numlock off. I have
9 tried restarting windows, restarting VMware workstation, restarting the X
10 (KDE) session, and rebooting the computer. The only thing I haven't done is
11 a complete power off/on.
12
13 All cursor keys work fine in non-VMware applications, so I suspect VMware
14 and/or Windows, but I've been wrong blaming MS or VM before, so......
15
16 Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong, and how to fix this?
17 Thanks,
18 --
19 Jim