From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge --search can't find local ebuild?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:56:47
1 On 2008-05-28, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:28:19 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> > The man page states:
5 >> >
6 >> > --search (-s)
7 >> > Searches for matches of the supplied string in the portage tree.
8 >> >
9 >> > It only mentions the portage tree, not overlays.
10 >>
11 >> emerge --search finds other packages in overlays just fine.
12 >
13 > OK, that clarifies the documentation. Is your ebuild in a recognised
14 > category directory within your overlay?
15
16 Yes. It's in sys-apps, and both "emerge -av" and porthole
17 found it just fine.
18
19 > I'd still recommend using eix, you can grow old waiting for emerge
20 > --search :(
21
22 I'll give eix a try, but I'm still curious about why "emerge
23 --search" can't find the package, yet the package can be
24 installed by doing an "emerge -av".
27 Grant Edwards grante Yow! With YOU, I can be
28 at MYSELF ... We don't NEED
29 visi.com Dan Rather ...
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list