From: Erik Mackdanz <erikmack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Providing virtual dependency net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:26:59
1 I wish I could offer something helpful here, but the issue of network
2 dependencies has been a thorn in my side for a long time (e.g. if I have
3 PostgreSQL listening on localhost, why is it stopped with eth0?) Funtoo
4 fixed the design by letting services depend on specific interfaces, but as
5 far as I know Gentoo (and the other major distros) will leave it broken for
6 the forseeable future.