From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays & package.mask
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:08:36
1 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > This morning I got
5 >
6 > centaur ~ # emerge -vDuNp world
7 >
8 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 >
10 > Calculating dependencies... done!
11 > <snip/>
12 > [ebuild UD] kde-base/pykde4-4.5.1 [4.5.1-r1] USE="semantic-desktop
13 > (-aqua) -debug -doc -examples (-kdeenablefinal) (-kdeprefix)" 0 kB
14 > [1=>0]
15 > <snip/>
16 >
17 > Total: 9 packages (7 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 1 reinstall), Size of
18 > downloads: 10,550 kB
19 > Portage tree and overlays:
20 > [0] /usr/portage
21 > [1] /var/lib/layman/kde
22 >
23 > I decided that I did not want to go back to 4.5.1 so I added
24 >
25 > =kde-base/pykde4-4.5.1
26 >
27 > to /etc/portage/package.mask.
28 >
29 > To my utmost surprise, I got the exact same result as before when
30 > running the above emerge command again. I tried it with one of the
31 > other upgrades mentioned and package.mask had the expected result.
32 >
33 > So I'm confused. Why is package.mask not having any (apparent) effect
34 > for pykde4? How do I prevent the downgrade?
35 >
36 > Cheers,
37 > Hilco
40 Do you have the package listed in the unmask or keyword file? If so, it
41 ignores the mask file. Actually, I think it reads mask first then the
42 others.
43
44 Hope that helps.
45