From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Make QEMU guest visible to other machines on LAN
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 19:22:01
1 Apologies if this is a duplicate/triplicate. I don't think the first
2 attempts got through. Going through my backup provider (dialup) this
3 time.
4
5 I have QEMU installed on a 64-bit Gentoo machine. I'm now installing
6 a 32-bit Gentoo guest. The "cdrom" (actually the minimal install ISO
7 file) boots, and dhcpcd hands out IP address 10.0.2.15 and gateway
8 10.0.2.2. The install can connect to the outside world via the "links"
9 browser and it can ssh into the host machine 192.168.123.249 and visa
10 versa. But the host ssh's into the guest install session via a port
11 redirection into itself. ( ssh -p 2222 localhost )
12
13 For various reasons, I need another physical machine on my small home
14 LAN to be able to talk directly to the 32-bit guest. I've read the
15 "Network setup" at http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KvmOnGentoo Is the
16 /etc/conf.d/net being reffered to, the one on the host or on the guest?
17 The webpage doesn't say explicitly.
18
19 I also don't understand how other machines will be able to
20 differentiate between the host and the guest.
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
24 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications