From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trying to recover ALSA functionality after PEBKAC error
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 05:08:40
1 It was a PEBKAC error. I built the new kernel but forgot to make it
2 the default at bootup. They say that memory is the second thing to go,
3 I forget what the first is.
4
5 Anyhow I had ALSA 1.0.13 in the kernel, with 1.0.14 alsa-lib and
6 alsa-utils. That obviously doesn't work. OK, so I've now set up the
7 kernel properly, and rebooted, re-emerged alsa-lib and alsa-utils and
8 audacious and audacious-plugins, but am still having the same problems
9 (audacious and mpg123 which use ALSA, die; Realplayer and mpg321 get by
10 with the OSS api on ALSA). revdep-rebuild doesn't find anything wrong.
11 What do I do now to recover ALSA functionality? emerge --world?
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
15 Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?
16 A. I think it would be a good idea.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list