From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam fixed now it's tcpdump
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:43:24
1 On Wednesday 30 January 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > > Did you log out and back in again first?
3 >
4 > Well, I just did and now I can't log back on. I enter
5 > my user name, hit enter and it doesn't even ask for my
6 > password, just says login incorrect, repeats that two
7 > times and says my three chances are up.
8 >
9 > PAM was emerged but maybe it wasn't activated, or is
10 > that supposed to be automatic?
11 >
12 > I'll have to chroot back into gentoo but after that I
13 > don't have a clue.
14
15 Well, the docs page on the upgrade to pam-0.99 is complete, I updated
16 severala machines no problem with it. So you must have muffed the
17 instructions. Next time, read the whole page.
18
19 Meanwhile, boot off a LiveCD or some other medium. or maintenance mode,
20 chroot into gentoo and find all packages that depend on pam:
21
22 equery depends pam
23 or maybe
24 euse -i pam
25
26 then re-emerge all those packages. Don't think that revdep-rebuild will
27 fix this for you, it probably won't as it's not a linking issue you
28 have.
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
33 --