From: "Александър Л. Димитров" <aleks_d@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with programms like ssh, tor, but _only_ on wireless
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:19:57
1 On 11:23 Wed 01 Aug, Kabel The Real wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > ich have a lot of trouble with my wireless configuration. everything works
5 > fine with my ethernet Card, for ecample ssh, tor, privoxy. But when I use
6 > wireless and no network Cable there programms aren't working. When I try to
7 > start a service like sshd or tor I get the following error message:
8 >
9 > # /etc/init.d/sshd start
10 > * WARNING: sshd is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
11
12 A note: usually wireless networks use DHCP for dynamically allocating
13 IP-Adresses to the different clients. If you want to maintain an
14 ssh-server on a machine connected to a wireless network that uses DHCP[1],
15 you will have to tell the router to forward port 22 (or whatever other port)
16 to your particular machine.
17
18 Sorry if I'm telling you something you may already know, but it's a way too
19 common mistake ;-)
20
21 Regards,
22 Aleks
23
24 [1] If you don't know whether or not you use DHCP, you probably do. I
25 understand you're from Germany - I'm pretty sure most ISPs in Germany
26 use PPPoE for wired and DHCP for wireless to connect their ADSL clients.