From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: equery depends =dev-lang/python-2.6.6-r2
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:50:46
1 On 09/03/2011 09:52 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday 03 September 2011 16:27:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> Which is 100% correct behavior. Nothing in your system needed MySQL
5 >> installed, and qt-sql was merged without the "mysql" USE flag.
6 >
7 > Except that it hadn't happened before. The system had been sitting happily
8 > humming away, being updated daily, and then suddenly it realised that it had
9 > excess packages on its hands. I couldn't see anything to explain why it
10 > happened just yesterday, not a week or a fortnight ago.
11
12 The warning was here. You just missed it :-) Recently, I did an
13 "emerge -auDN world", and there was a USE flag change. Namely "mysql"
14 was removed from the default enabled flags of qt-sql, marked as "-mysql"
15 in a yellow color.
16
17 Yeah, it's easy to miss. But using Gentoo for quite a while now, I've
18 learned to pay attention to the smallest detail in the output of emerge
19 before entering "y" ;-)