From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] configure error - how to debug
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:15:22
1 On 07/06/10 19:34:29, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Helmut Jarausch writes:
3 >
4 > > I'm trying to find out why I get a configure error (on one machine)
5 > >
6 > > ./configure: line 14859: test: too many arguments
7 > >
8 > > Looking at this line it shows
9 > > if test $ax_python_header != no; then
10 > >
11 > > So, how can I find out the value of $ax_python_header.
12 > >
13 > > Putting some echo statements into configure doesn't work,
14 > > it seems to regenerated on each 'ebuild .... compile'
15 >
16 > I'd call the configure script by hand, search for it in
17 > /var/tmp/portage.
18 > If it gives the same error (which may not be the case because you do
19 > not
20 > give it the same arguments as portage does), add the echo statement,
21 > and
22 > try again to see the value of $ax_python_header. I guess it has
23 > whitespace
24 > in it, so the test fails. This would be solved by quoting the
25 > variable.
26 > The configure script is created from something like configure.ac, you
27 > will
28 > probably find the test statement there, too. You could change it
29 > (adding
30 > quotes), and use ebuild ... compile to build.
31 >
32 > Please file a bug for the package.
33 >
34 Many thanks, Alex.
35
36 It turned out that pythonmagick's configure contains
37 ax_python_header=\
38 `locate python$python_version/Python.h | sed -e s,/Python.h,,`
39
40 which I regard as very strange style.
41
42 Since I have a mirror /Store1/usr_mirror
43 locate locates both
44 /usr/include/python2.6
45 and
46 /Store1/usr_mirror/include/python2.6