From: "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xml mode for emacs
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:55:15
1 Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 > I emerged nxml to edit xml files with emacs; it works great, but when I
5 > open an xml file it is sgml xml-mode, I have to switch to nxml by hand;
6 > this seems to be new since some time ago nxml was the default mode.
7 > In the site-gentoo.el file which is generated every time a packet from
8 > app-emacs is installed, I have the following:
9
10 What does your ~/.emacs file look like? Does it have:
11
12 (load "site-gentoo")
13
14 The site-gentoo.el appears to work fine for me on Emacs 22.0.50.1. However,
15 if you load neither 'site-gentoo' nor the equivalent code in your ~/.emacs
16 file, then the default for Emacs is SGML mode.
17
18 HTH,
19 Gabriel
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list