From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PosgreSQL - pg_hba.conf localhost access only
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:37:48
1 On 04/23/13 10:07, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >On Tue, April 23, 2013 02:17, Joseph wrote:
3 >> In my "pg_hba.conf" I have:
4 >>
5 >> local all all trust
6 >> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
7 >>
8 >> I was under impression that this is configuration is for localhost
9 >> "127.0.0.1" access only.
10 >> But to my surprise I can access my database from other machine on my
11 >> network and even from another sub-network that I'm connected to via VPN
12 >>
13 >> How this authentication/access work?
14 >
15 >Normally that should be sufficient.
16 >On which machine does the client-software run?
17 >
18 >--
19 >Joost Roeleveld
20
21 postgresql server runs on my machine but all other machines on the network including the one on remote location that I'm connected to via VPN can connect to postgresql
22 database.
23 I don't want other machine to have access to my server database.
24
25 Even with a single line in pg_hba.conf
26 local all all trust
27
28 all other machine on the network can connect to my postgresql database.
31 Joseph