From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System maintenance procedure?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 01:23:23
1 Grant wrote:
2 > My unattended daily system maintenance procedure is like this:
3 >
4 > layman -S
5 > emerge --sync
6 > emerge -pvDuN world
7 > emerge -pv --depclean
8 > eclean -p distfiles
9 > eclean -p packages
10 >
11 > And then attended like this:
12 >
13 > emerge -DuN world
14 > revdep-rebuild
15 > etc-update
16 > elogv
17 > emerge --depclean
18 > eclean distfiles
19 > eclean packages
20 >
21 > Am I missing any good stuff?
22 >
23 > - Grant
26 I would use the -a option unless the output of the first part is being
27 emailed to you or something.
28
29 Other than using -a instead of -p, I don't see anything missing. Just
30 check the USE flags before letting it update. They get changed
31 sometimes and it could cause issues. Sometimes the change is for the
32 good so always look into it first.
33
34 You *may* want to look into dispatch-conf too. It does the same as
35 etc-update but it keeps records in case a updated config file borks your
36 system. Just a thought.
37
38 Dale
39
43 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!