From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Custom Stage4
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:58:06
1 On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:20:39 -0400, dhk wrote:
2
3 > Doing the stage 3 as you suggested sounds good, but how can I ensure the
4 > same configuration. I would need to make sure I don't loose any
5 > customization like users, domainname, hostname, desktops, timezone, run
6 > level programs, bookmarks, .bash_profiles, and all the other stuff; the
7 > list goes on. Most of it's easy enough to fix, but I'd rather make sure
8 > I have it right from the start if I can.
9
10 Backup /etc for all the system setting and the world files. User data
11 should be backed up separately and, AFAIK, wouldn't be included with a
12 stage 4 anyway.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 My brain's in gear, neutral's a gear ain't it?