From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Jitsi or Other Skype Alternative
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:23:06
1 On 22 August 2013, at 17:08, hasufell wrote:
2 > … I was arguing from both sides. It is buggy, crashes a lot, consumes a
3 > lot of ressources and is able to slow down your whole desktop, mess with
4 > audio settings and whatnot.
5
6 My granny never had these problems, using Skype on her PC.
7
8 She uses it to chat to her cousin in Australia.
9
10 Whatever your complaints about a messaging application, you offer no solution if you don't offer a way to communicate with users who are only capable of running a setup.exe, who have this tremendously popular and well-known application already installed.
11
12 This "network effect" is not a new phenomenon:
13 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect
14
15 Stroller.