From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems running emerge @module-rebuild on new kernel
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 02:13:05
1 On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 21:48:45 -0400,
2 Ashley Dixon wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 09:42:25PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 > > So, I then tried to do emerge @module-rebuild and got strange results. I get
7 > > when emerging wireguard endlessly repeated lines like the following:
8 > > # Do not try to update included dependency files
9 > > and when I try to emerge sys-zfs/zfs-kmod it hangs on checking on whether
10 > > modules can be rebuilt.
11 >
12 > Please attach the script of emerge, from the invocation (include the command) to
13 > when it starts to hang.
14
15 Just in case anyone runs into this problem, I solved by making sure my
16 umask was set to 002 and then I unmerged and re-emerged the kernel and
17 recompiled and all was well.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici wb2una