From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I block incomming tor-traffic?
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 13:10:45
1 On Sat, 6 June 2015, at 12:04 pm, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > … (ip-lookup of source addresses always points
4 > to tor-exit.watever). How can I block this tor-traffic completely?
5 >
6 > How can I feed this list to iptables? Is there some ready-to-use
7 > solution, or do I have to parse this list through some script
8 > I have to write first?
9
10 I would have thought you could just have the webserver deny access to the tor-exit.watever domain.
11
12 For Apache, ctrl-f "domain" on this page: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/access.html
13
14 NB: if you google "how to block tor", DNS based denial seems to be the recommended solution:
15
16 https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse.html.en#Bans
17 https://www.torproject.org/projects/tordnsel.html.en
18
19 If you wanted to run a daily "add to iptables script" then you could extract those IPs with:
20
21 curl https://check.torproject.org/exit-addresses | grep ExitAddress | cut -d ' ' -f 2
22
23 This is a bit primitive, but you can see it works.
24
25 Stroller.