From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:19:28
1 Darren Kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>:
2
3 > Quoth the Alexander Skwar
4 >
5 >> Darren, on the other hand, seems to have
6 >> some misunderstanding about how portage works.
7 >
8 > Stop being so bloody obtuse and read my response to Willie. I know perfectly
9 > well how portage works. I am taking issues with your vague responses which
10 > are open to several interpretations.
11
12 No, they are not. I said, that it is unreasonable to expect, that
13 emerge should offer a version other than 0.8 of dir2ogg, as that's
14 the latest stable. Or rather, I asked maxim why he thinks, that
15 a version, other than the latest stable (ie. 0.8), should be
16 offered.
17
18 > You would be well served by writing a clear and concise response
19
20 I did. If you try to interprete it somehow and you get it wrong,
21 than I'm terribly sorry for that, but that's just not my problem.
22
23 > rather than
24 > another open-ended question if you want to get your point accross.
25
26 My point is, that emerge offers, by default, to install the latest
27 stable version. I wanted to make maxim think about why he expects
28 a different version.
29
30 >> Just because there's
31 >> a newer version of some program out there in the wild, doesn't mean,
32 >> that it'll be available to emerge/portage through some sort of magic.
33 >
34 > That's certainly not what I think,
35
36 I didn't say so, did I?
39 Alexander Skwar
40 --
41 <rcw> those apparently-bacteria-like multicolor worms coming out of
42 microsoft's backorifice
43 <rcw> that's the backoffice logo
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list