From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: a second and third network card: init.d/???
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:11:44
1 On Wednesday 26 October 2005 13:31, John Jolet wrote:
2 > In my experience (granted, i've not tried this with gentoo), bonding
3 >   only works when both or all nics in the trunk are the same chipset,
4 > same driver.  I'd be astonished if you could bond the wireless nic
5 > with a wired one.  If the other two are the same chipset, you will
6 > have more luck, but remember that the network device (i.e. switch)
7 > into which they are plugged must also support bonding.
8
9 I set up a samba box bonding a built-in network interface and a PCI
10 gigabit r8169.
11
12 They are different in speed and driver, are attached to different
13 switches (of the same LAN) but everithing works as expected.
14
15 Ciao
16 Francesco
17 --
18 Linux Version 2.6.12-gentoo-r9, Compiled #2 Wed Aug 24 18:43:16 CEST
19 2005
20 One 2.2GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 4325.37 Bogomips Total
21 aemaeth
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list