From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS & static ports - driving me crazy...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 12:31:35
1 On 2013-12-30 3:25 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > This is for NFS CLIENT... I'm mounting NFS shares from my remote QNAP
3 > NAS boxes.
4 >
5 > I've tried specifying the ports in /etc/conf.d/nfs, and /etc
6 > sysctl.conf, but I must be missing something, because every time I
7 > reboot, some other port comes up being blocked when I try to mount the
8 > shares...
9 >
10 > Anyone? The references I've found are older, so maybe there is something
11 > new I'm missing?
12
13 Ok, to recap...
14
15 I've made the following changes to the following config files:
16
17 /etc/conf.d/nfs
18
19 OPTS_RPC_MOUNTD="-p 32767"
20 OPTS_RPC_STATD="-p 32765 -o 32766"
21
22 I've also changed the lockd ports
23
24 /etc/sysctl.conf
25
26 # You should compile nfsd into the kernel or add it
27 # to modules.autoload for this to work properly
28 # TCP Port for lock manager
29 fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport = 4001
30 # UDP Port for lock manager
31 fs.nfs.nlm_udpport = 4001
32
33 But when I try to mount the remote filesystem, I see the outbound
34 request being blocked by the firewall.
35
36 If I open up the port in the firewall, it mounts immediately.
37
38 But after a reboot, the next time I try mounting it, some other random
39 port shows up in the firewall logs...
40
41 This can't be all that difficult... I must be missing something obvious.