From: Peter Alfredsen <peter.alfredsen@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box: 2 small puzzles
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:31:05
1 On Friday 19 October 2007, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > (1) The mobo (ASUS P5K-VM) manual has as default 'Configure SATA as IDE',
4 > which I have left as is. However, while the System Rescue CD finds the HDD
5 > as '/dev/sda', neither the Gentoo Live CD nor Knoppix sees it:
6 > should I change the mobo setting (the HDD is SATA) ?
7
8 If it has a setting that says "Configure SATA as AHCI", you might want to try
9 that. AHCI is a generic-ish interface that should improve compatibility.
12 /PA
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list