From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many people use KDE?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:05:28
1 > > It seems like at least kdeedu, kdegames, kdepim & kdetoys wouldn't
2 > > leave me missing really obvious stuff, at least from the names. It
3 > > would seem that kdeadmin, kdebase, kdebase-pam, kdelibs, kdemultimedia
4 > > & possibly kdeutils would be keepers. The rest I don't have an
5 > > uneducated opinion on. ;-)
6 >
7 > These are the monolithic ebuilds, kdepim for example contains kmail,
8 > kontact and quite a few others. Use the split ebuilds to merge just what
9 > you need.
10 >
11 > It's a little confusing because the split and monolithic ebuilds are all
12 > in the same category, kde-base.
15 How does the removal of such modules occur if one uses the split
16 ebuilds, surely it becomes that much more difficult?
17
18 (93 messages later, come on all this and we dont hit 100?)
21 Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
22
23 "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
24 - Mark Twain
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list