From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: managing 802.11a/b/g
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 02:40:12
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > You may fond that it was masked for a good reason, or you may find that
5 > it works fine for you. Check /usr/portage/profile/package.mask for the
6 > reason for masking. In this case it simply says masked for testing, which
7 > I tend to take as an invitation to test :)
8
9 Hello Neil,
10
11 OK, I see this along with the date from October of 06:
14 # Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o> (28 Oct 2006)
15 # Mask dhcdbd and NetworkManager for testing
16 # Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> (04 Nov 2006)
17 # Rename NetworkManager to networkmanager for consistency.
18 net-misc/dhcdbd
19 net-misc/networkmanager
22 But the aforemenntioned bugzilla issues are since this date. Reading
23 them makes consider this package to be a time sink......
24
25 If it's ready for testing shouldn't it be (~) masked and not (M) masked?
26 If not, what the meaning of masking with (~) versus (M) ?
27 Point me to the docs that I need to brush up on, as I rarely
28 consider a package if it's (M) masked. The few I have tried, not
29 one ever compiled. I'll look in this file
30 (/usr/portage/profile/package.mask) in the future.
33 That said, as soon as I get a second system with 802.11 working,
34 I'll unmask it and give it a shot.
35
36 thanks,
37