From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] network question
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 09:42:43
1 I had a buddy in my lan with whom I shared files and such. But recently
2 our campus network management decided to give our my dorm building
3 another external ip, and put a firewall( I think) between us. So now
4 instead of both of us having the same 141.85.0.75 I now have
5 141.85.0.76. So my question is, being a n00b and all, what can I use in
6 order to restore the direct connection? I asked my only physical
7 present network admin but apparently his only role is pugin computers
8 in switches and give us an ip so he doesn't know nothing. I did a nmap
9 on the gateway but I've only found 53/tcp open. I wouldn't wanna revert
10 to skype or other 3rd party computers since, I guess, it will
11 segnificantlly lower our transfer speeds, requier bothe our
12 presence...etc. So what way should I be heading here? Any advice is
13 welcome!Thanks!
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list