From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:57:16
1 Try emailing your bank? It may be that their website uses some sort of Windows script via MSIE (which I am led to believe allows sites to do stuff with your local machine, I know at work if I open the intranet in MSIE it knows who I am from my NT logon, but in firefox I have to enter username and password) that finds some sort of identifier about your PC.
2
3 Either way, call your bank or email them and complain. If they value your business they'll maybe at least try to help if they can.
4
5 PS apologies for the top post, I'm using Outlook at work which for some reason plays silly-buggers with some emails and wont let me write my email under the email I'm replying to. A heineous (sp?) crime I know.
9 djn
10
11 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
12
13 -----Original Message-----
14 From: Dale [mailto:dalek@××××××××××.net]
15 Sent: 25 March 2007 16:23
16 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
21 OK. I downloaded and installed that and it shows up under tools. I selected IE 6 and it is still a no go. It does not store whatever it is that it is trying to store so it knows I am me. I tried this several times. The last time I could not get in at all.
22
23 It would seem to me that it is a cookie problem since according to that Passmark info, that is what it stores locally. I dunno.
24
25 Open to more ideas? Could this be some kind of bug maybe?
26
27 I'm hoping now that I can do my blog in the fancy mode with this. MySpace doesn't like Seamonkey or Konqueror.
28
29 Thanks
30
31 Dale