From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE machine -> Shutdown icons gone walkabout
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 21:41:16
1 On 2019.08.19 14:40, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday, 19 August 2019 19:21:02 BST Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > > I recently, last week or so, did some updating of my KDE desktop
5 > and
6 > > when I went to select "Shutdown" off the menu bar thingy, no icons
7 > for
8 > > "Logout", "Shutdown" & "Some Other Thing" appeared as they used to.
9 > I in
10 > > turn had to open up a shell, su and then "shutdown -t now" to bring
11 > the
12 > > machine down. Have I missed something somewhere as to why I no
13 > longer
14 > > get the icons? Has something been broken down into smaller bits and
15 > I
16 > > now have to emerge something else to get the icons back?
17 > >
18 > > Thoughts greatly appreciated,
19 > >
20 > > Andrew
21 >
22 > Do you have consolekit or elogind installed and running?
23 > --
24 > Regards,
25 >
26 > Mick
27 The problem is mentioned in the KDE/Troubleshooting article in the Wiki:
28 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE/Troubleshooting#Missing_shutdown.2Freboot.2Fsuspend.2Fhibernate_buttons_.28with_consolekit.29
29 in case that might help.