From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LXDE
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 03:27:32
1 > I want to use LXDE as a Desktop on a fresh install of Gentoo on a laptop
2 > (amd64).  It seems to work, but when I logout it hangs.  It never
3 > returns to the command prompt and the keyboard doesn't work so I can
4 > switch to an alternate terminal.
5
6 Strange. Never used LXDE, but KDE and Xfce I never had such a problem
7 with startx. Anyway, if you're serious about using it, probably
8 you'll want xdm and likely slim (since you're running something
9 lightweight). Yeah, I ran "startx" for two years because I'm that
10 lazy, but anyway, it's a good idea.
11
12 From XDM you can get a terminal if you want. This is only at best a
13 work around (or indication of deeper problems), but you may try it.
14
15 Just make sure you edit slim.conf for your login_cmd since for zsh you
16 get a little wrecked if you don't...
17
18 Cheers,
19 daid